Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Important clarifications about the new blog

Dear friends,

New blog presentation format:

A lot of you have emailed me to tell me that they don't like the "thematic" presentation used for the new blog and that you prefer a regular "chronological" one.  That is very simple to address:

If you prefer the "thematic" one use this link: http://thesaker.is/
If you prefer the "chronological" one use this link: http://thesaker.is/blog/ 

I think that with time you will see that having a choice of both is actually very helpful.  The thematic mode makes it far easier to research a topic while the second one makes it far easier to get the latest news.  I think that this flexibility is a huge improvement over the rigid "chronological only" format.

Delay between posts on the old and new blog:

Some have noticed that post appear hear before they appear on the new blog.  Correct.  I am learning the various options offered by WordPress and my webmaster helps me in the process.  So especially in the beginning, there will be a time lag between here (blogger is very simple to use, but also have very little functionality) and there (WordPress is extremely powerful but take a little bit of time to learn).

Moderation on the new blog:

Finally, moderation should improve massively.  I remind you that my moderation policy is spelled out here: http://thesaker.is/moderation-policy/

And just to clarify - my moderators (there are 10 of them) have a sole function to allow comments which are clearly in compliance with that policy.  However, they do not delete the others, but leave them to me to make the final decision.  In other words, don't blame them from not allowing a comment, if that happens - blame me.

The good news is that your comments should get posted much faster.  Also, there will be no software-controlled moderation and no obligation to sign up.

Comments:

Please do not post comments on this blog but only on the new one.  And please DO let us know what you like and dislike about the new blog by posting our opinions under this article's comments section:

http://thesaker.is/the-new-saker-blog-v3-is-now-ready/

That's it for now.

I hope to have a Ukraine SITREP ready in a few hours.

Cheers and hugs,

The Saker